Are your child’s sensory issues affecting daily function at home or at school?
This may be characterised by an oversensitivity or undersensitivity to Touch, Movement, Taste, Smell, Sound and Sight.
Does your child have:
- Unusually high or low activity levels?
- Motor co-ordination difficulties?
- Frequent accidents, is accident-prone and clumsy?
- A tendency to seek or avoid sensory stimuli?
- Poor self-esteem and lacking self-confidence?
Children experiencing these may have difficulties with self-regulation as part of sensory integration dysfunction.
Our experienced Occupational Therapists, here at Rehabilitation Consultants can help!
- Clinical observations
- Direct therapeutic services.
Our private and direct occupational therapy services for children include:
- Evaluating the child’s sensory and motor status and comparing with age norms
- Designing a sensory diet to suit home and school life
- Using therapy techniques in the clinic which calm the child and prepares him/her for more challenges so the world is not such a scary place
- Working on achievements in the clinic to build the child’s confidence
- Improving balance, co-ordination, strength, endurance, and focus through therapeutic, yet fun activities
- Making practical suggestions for daily activities so these are no longer a source of frustration to the child and parents
- Providing any necessary sensory supports such as sensory integrated brushes, oral-motor chew tools, and fidget squeezy/stretchy toys
If you would like to arrange an assessment or treatment with one of our qualified Occupational Therapists, please click here.