PLEASE NOTE: We have moved office from the 24th July 2019 to
50 Bonham Strand,
Sheung Wan, Hong Kong.
Rehabilitation Consultants have been Therapeutic Listening (TL) providers for the region since 2005.
Therapeutic Listening services are specialised therapy programmes supervised and individually prescribed only by TL trained and qualified therapists.
This programme uses modulated music or CDs played through special headphones, which do not occlude ambient sound. Music is prescribed and upgraded according to the child’s needs by the therapists. Sensory integrative exercises and activities are used in conjunction with the music.
Therapeutic Listening can enhance and/or improve:
- Sensory processing and modulation
- Ability to cope with noisy and busy environments
- Sitting and on-task behaviour
- Oral-motor and respiratory function
- Spatial and body awareness
- Motor organisation and posture
- Bilateral integration e.g. co-ordination of both sides of the body
- Focus and attention
- Engagement and communication skills
- Academic performance
Children who may benefit from Therapeutic Listening include those with:
- Autistic Spectrum Disorders (ASD)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)/ Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Developmental Coordination Disorder (DCD)
- Pervasive Developmental Disorders (PDD)/ Global Developmental Delay (GDD)
- Sensory Processing Disorders (SPD)
- Sensori-motor issues, and more.
Parents: please click here for pricelists and order forms for TL products. Please provide details of the qualified TL therapist in the order form as requested.
Qualified TL Therapists: please click here: TL order form THERAPIST 2019 for price lists and order forms for TL products.
For more information, please contact us!